Join our mailing list.
If you have you a query about the use of Gillett Square for an arts, community or business event, please fill our enquiry form.
Friends of Gillett Square are members of the community who
- help make the square a friendly space
- are part of exciting community-led projects
- meet other members of the local community and make friends
and receive great offers!
You can become a Friend of Gillett Square by volunteering your time and/or donating to the Vortex Foundation to support this work.
Gillett Square offers a diverse range of unpaid volunteering opportunities throughout the year.
Whether you have specific skills you want to develop, would like to find out about organising outdoors and community events, or just want to meet people and work in an exciting environment, come join the Friends of Gillett Square!
We actively encourage people from all backgrounds to join us. We are seeking enthusiastic, friendly, reliable individuals, committed to making Gillett Square a friendly space.
Whether you can offer 1 hour of your time every week or a few afternoons, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and phone number, your motivations to get involved and your availability.
Volunteers can assist with the following activities:
Play in the Square: (Snug, Ping Pong, Giant Chess, Table Football)
2 or 3 volunteers per session (refreshments provided)
4 sessions = 1 free admission to the Vortex (on selected gigs)
Cadbury's Spots versus Stripes national campaign
Every Saturday in June : Total Play (more info here)
Dalston Dance Nations (more info here)
More opportunities will be posted on this page in due course.
Sign up to our mailing list here
Be a friend on Facebook
Even if you don't have time, there are other ways you can help:
- Encourage your friends to become a volunteer
- Attend our events
- Encourage your friends to subscribe to our newsletter
If you have children:
- Be our ambassador in your School
- Forward our newsletter to the parents/carer of your child's friends
- Display a poster in your School
- Distribute some flyers to parents/carers of your child's friends
Any other ideas are welcome too!